It’s zucchini season! This recipe is simple, quick, and delicious. It also features our CSA farmer Dave’s favorite food… cheese!
2 lb.s zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8- inch thick slices
salt (kosher salt if you have it)
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves sliced garlic
1 tbs chopped rosemary and thyme mixed
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Generously salt both sides of each zucchini slice and drain in a colander for at least 30 min. Wash off the salt and dry the slices in a salad spinner.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, and sauté the garlic. With this step, you’re infusing the oil with the garlic’s flavor – so make sure not to brown the garlic.
- Brush a baking pan or sheet with some of the garlic oil. Assemble the gratin by overlapping the zucchini slices in a single layer, then brush generously with the garlic oil and sprinkle the herbs and cheese on top. A touch of black pepper on the zucchini is nice too.
- Bake for 10-15 min., or until the top is nicely browned and the zucchini is tender.
- Cool and cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!
This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 at 7:02 pm and is filed under What We’re Reading & Eating. You can follow this blog through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.